Hydroblasting (Rubber removal)
Safety is a major challenge at airports, and particularly grip on landing strips, which is subject to stringent control by the authorities. Water jetting treatment removes rubber deposits and ensures that roughness levels comply with the standards in force.
Rubber removal aims
- Remove rubber from wheel contact areas.
- Obtain friction values above the minimum legally required values.
- Avoid damaging the substrate.
- Average of 1 000 m2/hour per machine with 6 hours continual machine usage
- Production capacity: Six self-contained units owned
- Rubber removed from a surface area of 750,000 m2 every year