Buried asphaltic plug joint
Road surface joints ensure the smooth transfer of traffic between road structures and roads themselves. Their role is to account for structural movements and distortion due to traffic.
To meet these technical requirements (expansion, stability under traffic, impermeability and user comfort), the C-Joint process, an asphaltic plug joint, provides a solution for structures with small or medium spans in which movement is equal to or less than 30 mm.
The aims of road joints
- Ensure road structure impermeability.
- Ensure user comfort.
- Lack of noise and vibrations.
- Correct expansion of < 30 mm.
- Stability under heavy traffic, class T0+.
- 10,000 linear metres of joints carried out over the last 5 years
- Almost 400 structures worked on in the last 5 years
- Oberved rate of installation teams: up to 20 linear metres per day